LEARN HOW YOU CAN USE GOOGLE ADS FROM SCRATCH – COMPLETE GUIDE
Currently, almost all users who browse the Internet use Google. For this reason, this search engine offers the best opportunity to gain exposure through banner ads. Know all the steps to get the most out of this platform even if you have no experience using it.
PRESENT AN AD THAT DISRUPTS OR APPEARS WHEN SEARCHED
When entering the world of digital advertising, there are two great options to consider: Google Ads and Facebook Ads. Although they are both similar in scope, they differ in the exposure mechanism they use.
While Facebook interrupts users' browsing, Google only shows your ads when the search is related to your content. The search engine allows the opportunity to target users explicitly interested in what you offer.
START WITH AN ACCOUNT ON THE PLATFORM
The first step is the most obvious, sign up with your Gmail email. Enter your bank account or credit card for billing. Also add the website where you want to redirect those who click on your ad. Those are all the basic requirements you need to start using the Google Ads service.
SELECT IF YOU WANT TO WORK WITH GOOGLE ADS EXPRESS OR GOOGLE ADS NORMAL
Before finalizing the creation of your account, you will have to decide between the two versions of this tool. The choice will depend on your experience and short-term goals, as each has its advantages and disadvantages.
The Express is designed for inexperienced users, packed for ease of use with no complicated options to configure. If you are new, it may be the ideal way to go. In a few simple steps, you will be able to publish with the assistance of the platform in the settings. Although this also limits your control over the performance of the ad.
Now, for better performance, you can use the normal version. Although it requires more manual configuration, it gives you more precise control of the ads you generate through Google Ads.
MAKE A CAMPAIGN TO SET UP
Before publishing, you need to adjust some important parameters. This is done on three levels:
- Account: Change your language, time zone, and billing-related details.
- Campaign: adjust the budget, the region where you want to show your ads and the type of advertising you will use (image, text, videos, etc.).
- Groups: Ads are shown in groups for better performance. You must create and configure different ads in order to expand the reach of your campaign.
LEARN ABOUT BIDDING IN GOOGLE ADS
To obtain a space in the searches of this platform, there is an auction or bidding system. Several users compete for priority with certain keywords, for which they offer the most they will pay per click.
However, money is not everything. Due to the prestige of the search engine, Google also analyzes how optimized the campaign you want to publish is. For this, it uses a quality criterion that rates the ads from 0 to 10. This allows advertising to be relevant and prices not to be overly inflated.
SELECT WHICH BIDDING STRATEGY TO USE
Although the auction system sounds complicated at first, there are strategies that make your first campaign on this platform easier. Get to know the main ones and discover which one is right for you:
- Top Clicks: This is the best option for beginners, as Google sets your top price competitively to help you get top ranks without spending too much.
- Maximum conversions: another assisted option, but one that requires prior configuration. Conversions are specific actions that the user must complete after clicking on the ad. If you get enough clicks within a period, the platform enables you this strategy to automate the bid with this goal.
- Cost per acquisition: allows you to enter a maximum amount that you are willing to pay to get conversions. In turn, Adwords is responsible for optimizing your campaign. However, you must set a realistic price, which is adjusted to the average costs for this strategy to work.
- Cost per click: With this option, you will be able to control every aspect of the bid manually. It is the best for those users with more knowledge, since it requires more work, but it brings great benefits.
The most recommended for those who are starting on this platform is to follow the strategies in order. Start by maximizing clicks and then conversions until you get to cost per acquisition. Switch from one to the next as soon as you master the previous one. And if your priority is to manage every penny you spend, apply the cost per click.
Use keywords correctly
The most important aspect of any campaign is the keywords you choose. These are the specific terms that make your ad appear when someone enters them into a search engine. During this step, Google will provide you with suggestions for ad content.
Selective choice of words is important because it affects the performance of your campaign, the cost, and the amount of work you have to manage. So start with a few and customize your search hits. The last parameter can be adjusted in four ways:
- Broad: Google includes your ad synonyms with your keywords in searches. To use it, don't use any symbols.
- Changed: Fires even if one of the keywords changes. You must prefix the adaptive term with +.
- Phrase: A search that includes all keywords will be searched. To enable it, you need to enclose the sentence in quotation marks.
- Exacta: Your ad will only appear if you enter the exact words you asked for. Enclose your keywords in square brackets to activate them.
Create compelling ads and optimize them
To get top positions, you need to make sure your ad contains the keywords you apply for. This will raise your quality standards. Also, set a call to action, ie. H. Include phrases that motivate users to engage with the ad.
Check your ad performance metrics regularly to continue optimizing your ads. That way, you'll know which device converts better and when and where it's best. Based on this data, you can modify your activity to take advantage of the opportunity.